Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"What's Out There" - Fabulous Real Estate, The Magic of the Hamptons!

Yesterday I went to see the movie "Something Borrowed" for the second time, no it wasn't that great. The main attraction for me in the movie is the fabulous vacation house in the Hamptons. The group rents the house out for the weekends in the summer. I have never been to the Hamptons but it just seems to be magical. I love the shingled houses and the country charm mixed with the beach and gorgeous ocean.

So today, I want to take a little trip to the Hamptons and see what kind of fabulous real estate is available.





 $1,875,000


  • 4 bedrooms
  • 3 full baths

Very Quaint!



 I love these wide plank floors!




 I love this style of pool with the grass all around it. I much prefer this to the outrageous faux rock formation pools we have here in East Texas!









 $1,995,000


  • 4 bedrooms
  • 3 full baths


I can imagine drinking iced tea on the porch!


Again, love the pool!


 Hmm, a little disappointed in the kitchen for the price. It is very cute though.



 Nothing says beach cottage more than white slipcovers!



I love the white painted wood floors!



Hmm, is that a desk or table. Looks to be too high for a dining room table, either that or the chairs are too low.


Love this! I love the charm of the beadboard ceiling and I especially love the color!


Hmm, those zebra chairs look a little out of place. But remember, you're buying the house, not the furniture!






$6,500,000


  • 7 bedrooms
  • 4 full baths



Love it!



 What a great wall of windows! Love it!


 Love the stairs but lose the plants on that ledge. Very bad decor!


 So charming! I would like to be curled up reading a book on that sofa!



Love it!!!






 $8,500,000

  • 6 bedrooms
  • 7 full baths
  • 2 half baths






Picture perfect complete with beautiful Hydrangeas!




Wow, I can tell we have gone up in price!

I love those two chandeliers!

Dream kitchen of mine!


Looks a little bare, I might add a sofa in front of that bed. 


Beautiful tile!

Very charming and comfortable looking room! I love the black chandelier in there to mix it up and keep it from being traditional.



Adorable room. I love the leaded glass windows and that star light is fabulous!




$34,995,000

  • 7 bedrooms
  • 7 full baths

 Simply Gorgeous!



 What a view!


 Hmm, a little too grand for my taste, but with a price tag of 35 mil, I guess you would expect a grand ballroom.


I love the stain on the wood. Not quite whitewashed but very light and airy

 The perfect study!





Wow, I love this room! The ceiling, the windows and the fireplace are awesome! 






So what house is your favorite? Small and quaint or huge and grand? I prefer the cottagey feel of the smaller homes but don't mind having an updated gourmet kitchen!

~Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment